Rajasthan University & College teachers submits it's report

The state government would decide about the revision in payscales of the university and college teachers after the committee submits it’s report.Replying to questions during the Question Hour in the state assembly on Thursday, higher education minister Jitendra Singh pointed out the chief minister had announced in his modified budget speech setting up of the committee to study the report of Chaddha committee, which was set up by the University Grants Commission (UGC).

The five-member committee, headed by principal secretary (medical and health) with principal secretary (higher education), special secretary (finance) and deputy secretary (education) as members, would submit its report in two months, he added.

The minister, on a joint question of BJP’s Rajendra Singh Rathor and Digambar Singh, informed the House that the UGC would give 80% amount of the revised payscales to the university and college teachers and the remaining 20% would be borne by the state government.

The UGC would contribute Rs 400-500 crore and the state government’s burden would be Rs 129 crore, he said. Claiming that the Congress government had given the benefits of the Fifth Pay Commission to the teachers in 1999, he said this time too, the government is inclined to give the revised pay.

To another question from BJP’s Vasudev Devnani, he said the process for the appointment of vice-chancellors have already began in five universities Mohan Lal Sukhadia University, Udaipur, Jai Narayan Vyas University, Jodhpur, Maharaja Ganga Singh University, Bikaner, Rajasthan Medical University, Jaipur, and Rajasthan Technical University, Kota.

He said while the process of appointment of 61 professors had began, the same for appointments to fill the SC/ST backlog could not be started and was stopped. He claimed that the state government would start the process soon.

He also said that there are 14 universities run by the government, eight out of which are for higher education, two for agriculture, two for medical, one for school education and one for technical education. There are 13 private and eight deemed universities in the state.

On a question tabled by Govind Singh Dotasara of Congress, medical and health minister Aimamuddin Ahmed Khan said that though the state does not have adequate number of medical colleges and need 14 more to meet the requirement, there is no proposal to open new ones because of resource crunch.

He, however, said that the state government would encourage and extend all possible help opening of medical colleges in the private sector. He also said that there is no provision to start short-term medical courses as the Indian Medical Council does not permit any such courses.

Source : Times of India.

Technorati Tags:

Del.Icio.Us Tags: